The Women's Health Initiative Study hoped to show decreases in:
- breast cancer
- pulmonary embolism
- colorectal cancer
- endometrial cancer
- hip fracture
- death due to any cause
The actual outcome results were shocking:
- 29 percent increase in coronary heart disease
- 41 percent increase in strokes
- 22 percent increase in cardiovascular disease
- 2,100 percent (yes, this is correct) increase in pulmonary embolism—lung blood clots
- 26 percent increase in breast cancer
So much for synthetic hormones! These statistics alone should convince you right away of the negative effects of these so-called synthetic hormones.
Those of us who were on the original birth control pills for any length of time were actually on synthetic hormones- strong synthetic hormones. Any wonder why women of our generation are under siege from an epidemic of breast and ovarian cancers? There is a link, and you'll learn more about it in this book.