DAY 1: TAKING STOCK
1. Get out and go shopping! Buy these items, which should run you less than $125.
3. Measure your blood pressure. Most drug stores have a device that can be placed on your arm if you haven't bought the home device yet.
4. Measure your heart rate in the evening, as well as the highest heart rate you achieve during your most intense exercise.
5. Measure your waist size. Circle the tape measure around your waist at the belly button, while you're taking a deep breath and sucking in. You would anyway, but it is the right way of measuring it as it gets the muscle we do not want to measure out of the way. Also measure your weight. The ideal is for your waist to be half your height.
6. Leave a space to record the average number of steps you take this week.