Dr. Oz says you can eat all the sushi you want without worrying about getting a parasite.

2 of 17
Can eating sushi lead to parasites?

In a word, no.

Dr. Oz says you can eat all the sushi you want without worrying about getting a parasite. "There's no question when the fish die there are often parasites in the gut that will go into the meat," Dr. Oz says. "But all the fish—sushi—that's served in this country is supposed to be frozen before you eat it. … It keeps it tasting fresh but it also kills the parasites, which is why they do it."

If for some reason the fish wasn't flash frozen, Dr. Oz says any well-trained sushi chef should be able to identify it as possibly harmful.
PREVIOUS | NEXT
FROM: Ask Dr. Oz III
Published on January 01, 2006
As a reminder, always consult your doctor for medical advice and treatment before starting any program.

NEXT STORY

Comment

LONG FORM
ONE WORD