At the renowned Cooper Clinic longevity center, a real age assessment was performed on some of our guests. What did he test for, and what can you do? Your physician can perform the following tests to determine your real age.
Six Tests to Prolong Your Life
- Blood Test: Blood tests are important because they measure things that are unsuspected, like cholesterol. When you get the results, you want a high level of HDL cholesterol and a low level of LDL cholesterol.
- Blood Pressure Test: This is the least expensive, least invasive test you can take, but it's the most important to determine the real age of your arteries.
- Laryngoscopic Exam: This exam helps to determine whether your vocal chords are normal or not—how they function and whether they have developed any disease.
- Pulmonary Function Test: Determines if you have healthy lung function.
- Stress Test: This takes place on a treadmill. The goal is to see not only how much you can do, but also how fast your heart and arteries recover from physical exercise.
- Body Fat Test: Ideally taken by submerging the body in water, this gauges the body fat related to muscle mass to help determine ideal weight loss.