Whipping up an all-natural meal has never been easier—or more delicious—than with this 10-minute recipe.
Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound small zucchini (about 4), trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. almond oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. minced shallots
- 1 packed cup mixed whole herbs such as parsley and chervil and dill and mint
- 3/4 cup roasted whole blanched almonds (recipe)
- 2 cups zucchini bread croutons (recipe)
Slice zucchini in half lengthwise; place cut side down and slice into 1/4-inch half-rounds.
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but still crisp, 2 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
Add vinegar, almond oil, lemon juice, and shallots; set aside 5 minutes. To serve, gently toss in herbs, almonds, and croutons.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 6, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.