Servings: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups ' ' chopped spring onions , green parts removed (4 to 6 onions or more, depending on size)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 zucchini , sliced lengthwise into 1/16-inch-thick ribbons
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese , plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook slowly until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add wine and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 5 more minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Place zucchini in a large mixing bowl and pour hot onion mixture over the top. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Toss gently and serve immediately. Garnish with additional cheese, if desired.