- 1/2 pound dried gluten-free spaghetti
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 long red Thai chili, seeds and membrane removed and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 medium zucchini
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Baby arugula leaves, to serve, optional
Using a mandolin, knife or peeler, slice/cut the zucchini into long, thin matchsticks (julienne).
Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water for 6-8 minutes or until tender, but still firm to the bite. This may take longer depending on which brand you use. Drain pasta and mix a little olive oil in if you are not quite ready to assemble your pasta.
Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan. Add chili, garlic and lemon zest and cook, stirring for a minute, until fragrant. Add the zucchini and toss for 30-60 seconds until just starting to wilt. Add spaghetti then toss to coat completely in the zucchini mixture. Season well with sea salt, black pepper and fresh lemon juice, to taste. Serve garnished with baby arugula leaves, if desired.
More Gluten-Free Recipes