Servings: Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 small eggplant , cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large red-skinned potatoes , scrubbed but unpeeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 1 envelope (0.7 ounces) salad dressing mix , such as Good Seasons
- 2 medium zucchini , scrubbed but unpeeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion , unpeeled, cut into 6 wedges
Position a rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 425°F. Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet, preferably a 17 X 13-inch half-sheet pan.
Toss the eggplant and salt together in a colander and let stand for 30 minutes to drain off excess bitter juices. (This is about the time it will take to preheat the oven and begin roasting the potatoes.) Rinse the eggplant well and pat dry with paper towels.
Put the potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 tablespoon salad dressing mix in a large bowl and toss until the potatoes are coated. Spread on the baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
Put the eggplant, zucchini and red onion, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon salad dressing mix in the bowl and toss until vegetables are coated. Add the potatoes, mix as well as you can, and spread them out. Roast until the vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes. Serve hot.