- 1 pound tilapia fillets (about 4)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 3 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 6 Tbsp. Crisco® Pure Canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. finely chopped chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (from 7-ounce can)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Heat oven to 200°. Cut each fish fillet lengthwise into 4 strips. In shallow glass dish, mix 7 tablespoons of the lime juice and garlic. Add fish; turn to coat. Let stand while preparing biscuits.
On work surface, mix flour and cornmeal. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press both sides of each biscuit into flour mixture, then press or roll into 6- to 7-inch round.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add 2 biscuit rounds; cook about 1 minute on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Place on cookie sheet; keep warm in oven. Cook remaining rounds, adding 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to skillet for each batch. Wipe skillet clean.
Heat same skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and lime juice mixture, chilis, salt and pepper; cook about 5 minutes, turning fish once, until fish flakes easily with fork.
In small bowl, mix salsa, sour cream and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice.
Using slotted spoon, remove fish and divide evenly among biscuit rounds. Top each with cabbage and 1 to 2 tablespoons salsa mixture. Fold biscuit rounds in half over filling. Serve with any remaining salsa mixture. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
®Crisco is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.