Even in the dark of winter, an artfully arranged vegetable tray (with dip, of course) can brighten up the room.
Servings: Serves 12–16
- 1/2 head cauliflower , cut into florets
- 1/2 pound wax beans , trimmed
- 1 bunch white asparagus , ends trimmed
- 1 medium jicama , peeled
- 1 bulb fennel , trimmed
- 3 heads Belgian endive
- 1 bunch baby white carrots , peeled
- 1 bunch white radishes
- 1 package enoki mushrooms
- 2 cups greek yogurt (2 percent or fat free)
- 2 teaspoons jarred prepared horseradish (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set in a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain well. Repeat cooking process with the beans, then asparagus.
Cut the jicama and fennel into sticks. Separate the endive into leaves. Trim the ends of the carrots and radishes. Arrange the vegetables on a platter, leaving room for the dip in the center. Cover with damp paper toweling and refrigerate until using.
In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dip. Mix well and adjust seasoning to taste. Place dip in a decorative serving bowl and set on platter.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 18, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.