- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 bunches kale, stemmed and shredded (6 cups)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, shredded (2 cups)
- 1 medium beet, peeled and shredded (2 cups)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
DirectionsTotal time: 25 minutes
In a medium skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium heat, stirring, until golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, drizzle kale with lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Using your hands, massage kale until dark green and tender, about 5 minutes. Add apples, sweet potato, beet, scallions, parsley, mint and reserved toasted sesame seeds and toss. Season with salt to taste. Slaw can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Detox Recipes