Wilted Butter Lettuce, Fresh Garden Peas and Beurre Blanc
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot , finely chopped
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter , cut into cubes
- Kosher salt
- 1 head (large) butter lettuce
- 1 cup fresh garden peas , beached in salted water
To make salad: Cut off the root of the butter lettuce and separate the leaves. Place the leaves in a large mixing bowl with blanched peas then dress with warm beurre blanc, and toss so the leaves wilt a little.
To serve the complete dish, break down the chicken into 10 pieces. Add chicken and potatoes to the bibb lettuce salad and gently toss together to combine. Finish with a drizzle of beurre blanc.