Flaky fish, succulent sauce...a perfect dish!
Servings: Makes 20 servings
- 4 cups port wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold butter , cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 (4-to-5-ounce) wild striped bass fillets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring port, bay leaves, and peppercorns to a boil and cook 40 minutes, until wine is reduced to 1 cup. Pour through a strainer and discard solids. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, one piece at a time. Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Place fish on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast 8 to 12 minutes (flesh side up). Serve skin side up, topped with sauce.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 17, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.