It's time to start a new tradition with Art's southern twist on savory stuffing.
Servings: Makes 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cup wild rice , rinsed and drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ribs celery with leaves, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups store-bought cornbread stuffing mix or Classic Southern Cornbread , crumbled
- 3 cups homemade or canned chicken broth , heated
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
In a 3-quart saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Stir in wild rice and 1 teaspoon salt. Return to a boil, cover, and simmer over low heat 50 minutes. Drain in a large coarse sieve.
In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add celery, onions and garlic; sauté, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add cooked wild rice and stuffing mix or cornbread; heat through, stirring. Add broth, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Spread evenly in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish, and cover tightly with aluminum foil. (Dressing may be prepared up to 6 hours ahead and refrigerated.)
Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 6, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.