- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3/4 cup pearl barley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup minced onions
- 3/4 cup minced leeks
- 3 plums , diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat oil and butter over a medium flame. Add onions and leeks; cook 4 minutes. Add plums, parsley and chives; cook 1 minute.
Remove skillet from heat; stir in vinegar, rice, barley, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss well.