Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter , diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe white peaches , peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons honey (preferably organic)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Preheat oven to 325°F. In a food processor, pulse together flour, butter, almonds, and sugar until crumbly. Spread mixture on a cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on sheet, then crumble into small pieces. (Note: There will be streusel left over; it's delicious with ice cream.)
In a medium saucepan, combine peaches, honey, lemon juice, and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until peaches are tender and juices thicken slightly. Remove from heat and cool.
Spoon 1/3 cup peach mixture onto each of 6 serving plates. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons streusel. Serve with vanilla ice cream.