- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh ground turkey
- 1 can (28 ounces) plum tomatoes, crushed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 15 ounces low-fat ricotta or low-fat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, washed, but not dried
- 16 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400°.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add ground turkey and cook for about 10 minutes. Add plum tomatoes and tomato paste, and season with salt and pepper; let simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes. Stir in basil and parsley; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and egg; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Place damp spinach in a large skillet over medium heat; cook until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
Ladle one-quarter of the turkey mixture into a 9" x 13" baking dish; spread to cover. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, one-third of the mozzarella, one-third of the ricotta mixture, one-third of the spinach mixture and another quarter of the turkey mixture. Repeat process two more times; top with remaining layer of pasta. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan over top; transfer to oven. Bake until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
Let stand about 5 minutes before cutting; serve.