"What to Eat When You Need a Fix"
What to Eat When:
- You're feeling sleepy or sluggish: When you don't get enough sleep, the hormones that regulate your appetite are knocked out of whack, so you're always hungry, Pam says. The solution: Eat foods that are high in water content, such as oatmeal with berries. "They'll make you feel full, and they'll keep you satisfied longer," she says.
- You're grabbing something on the go: Reach for an egg salad sandwich. Pam says that eggs get a bad rap—they're actually really good for you. "They're high in protein, and protein keeps you satisfied," she says.
- You need to squeeze into a dress: Chow down on some pineapple. "Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelane, and that actually reduces bloating," Pam says. Avoid chewing sugar-free gum, which contains sorbitol and can increase bloating, she says.
- You want to boost your brain power: Enjoy a wrap with tuna, broccoli and cauliflower. Tuna contains omega-3 fatty acids, which will improve focus and concentration. Cruciferous vegetables help with your memory, Pam says.
- You're starving before dinner: Delicious almonds will curb your appetite with protein and heart-healthy fats, Pam says.