Update the Waldorf salad with sliced Granny Smiths, fresh fennel, pistachios and crumbled goat cheese.
Servings: Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple , unpeeled, cored and cut into 1/16-inch slices
- 2 small heads fennel , trimmed and cut into 1/16-inch slices
- 2 stalks celery , cleaned and cut crosswise into 1/16-inch slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 head butter lettuce , cleaned and torn into large pieces
- 1/2 cup goat cheese , crumbled
In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice into olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add apples, fennel, celery, chives and pistachios. Toss well; then add lettuce and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper.