The vinaigrette can be prepared (and refrigerated) 1 day in advance.
Servings: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 bunches (about 6 cups) watercress , trimmed
- 1/4 pound sliced prosciutto , cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 yellow or red watermelon , peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
To make vinaigrette: In a small sauté pan over medium-low heat, toast fennel seeds 3 to 5 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool. Grind in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle until lightly crushed. Transfer to a jar. Add olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Seal jar tightly and shake well.
In a large bowl, toss watercress and prosciutto with half the dressing. Season lightly with salt and pepper and divide among 4 individual plates. In the same bowl, toss watermelon with remaining half of the dressing and divide among plates of watercress. Top with shaved Parmesan before serving.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 19, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.