This recipe is from Michel Nischan's Fresh-from-the-Garden Menu.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped seedless watermelon , plus 6 three-inch squares
- 1 spring onion or large scallion , thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces baby arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
To make salad: Arrange watermelon squares on chilled salad plates. In a large bowl, combine arugula, almonds and sliced onion greens. Add 2 tablespoons dressing and toss gently. Top watermelon squares with salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing.