Servings: Makes 10 to 12 servings (about 5 cups)
- 1 large leek (white part only), split lengthwise and sliced
- 1 each medium yellow and red onion , coarsely chopped
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Crudites or potato chips or bread
Soak leek for 5 minutes, then drain.
Preheat oven to 400°. In a pot, combine leek, onions, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until soft, about 15 minutes, then drain.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup Parmesan, garlic, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Add onions and leek to bowl; mix well.
Place mixture in an 8-inch ovenproof dish, and top with remaining Parmesan. Bake 30 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned; serve immediately with crudités, potato chips, or bread.