This irresistible party dip combines braised leeks and red and yellow onions with cream cheese, Parmesan, and mayonnaise, baked until bubbling.
This recipe is part of our fresh spring dinner party menu
Servings: Makes 10 to 12 servings (about 5 cups)
- 1 large leek (white part only), split lengthwise and sliced
- 1 each medium yellow and red onion , coarsely chopped
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Crudites or potato chips or bread
Soak leek for 5 minutes, then drain.
Preheat oven to 400°. In a pot, combine leek, onions, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until soft, about 15 minutes, then drain.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup Parmesan, garlic, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Add onions and leek to bowl; mix well.
Place mixture in an 8-inch ovenproof dish, and top with remaining Parmesan. Bake 30 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned; serve immediately with crudités, potato chips, or bread.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 9, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.