Servings: Serves 6
- 2 large sweet potatoes , peeled and halved
- 1 medium acorn squash , halved, seeds removed
- 2 medium fennel bulbs , trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium red onions , cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 large clove garlic , crushed
- 2 tsp. sugar
Preheat oven to 425°. Cut each sweet potato and squash half into 4 wedges. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, squash, fennel, onions, oil, vinegar and ginger. Toss to coat.
Spray two 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray. Divide vegetables between baking sheets, spreading in a single layer. Roast until tender and browned, 40 to 50 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, garlic, sugar and 5 tablespoons water until sugar dissolves. Arrange vegetables on a serving platter. Spoon soy sauce mixture over vegetables. Serve warm or at room temperature.