Warm Pear Streusel Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter , melted
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 6 medium peeled and cored Anjou pears sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 quart vanilla bean ice cream
To make streusel topping: In a bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, stir with a fork to combine. Add the butter and mix well until moist, set aside.
To make the filling: Combine the pears and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, raisins and lemon zest. Pour over the pears and stir well to combine.
Pour the pear mixture into the cooled pie crust, add the streusel to the top, using your fingers to evenly spread over the pears.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the pastry is golden brown and the filling has thickened and has begun to bubble.
Transfer to a rack and cool completely, or you can serve it warm with scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.