- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Granny Smith or other tart green apples , cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound frisee , torn into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (such as Maytag)
In a 12-inch skillet over medium flame, heat 1/3 cup dressing. Add apples and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, just until heated through. Refrigerate remaining dressing; will keep up to one week.
In a large bowl, combine frisée and blue cheese; add apple mixture, salt and pepper. Toss and serve immediately.