- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 loaves (4 ounces) ciabatta , halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 8 slices (about 4 ounces) Fontina cheese
- 1 bunch fresh arugula
Meanwhile, turn a stove burner to high heat. Place bell pepper on burner and roast 12 to 15 minutes, turning regularly with tongs so pepper chars evenly. Place in a paper bag; seal and let stand (and steam) 5 minutes. Peel off blackened skin and discard. Cut pepper into quarters; remove and discard seeds and core.
Open sandwich loaves and spread about 1 Tbsp. pesto on each slice. Top the bases of each loaf with Fontina, red pepper, arugula, chicken, and another slice of Fontina, dividing evenly. Place tops on sandwiches.
In a preheated panini maker, press sandwiches for 6 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, preheat oven to 400°. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake about 6 minutes. Serve immediately.