Fish sauce and rice wine vinegar give this dressing its Asian flair.
Servings: Makes 1 1/3 cups
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
In a bowl, stir together all ingredients with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and refrigerate until serving, up to 1 week. Stir before using.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 12, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.