Veggie-Stuffed Twice-Baked Potato Boats
Recipe created by Cat Cora
March 11, 2009
Try chef Cat Cora's
recipe for Veggie-Stuffed Twice-Baked Potato Boats, a lunch dish from her complete seven-day menu
Servings: Serves 4
- 4 well-cleaned potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheese , such as sharp cheddar or Parmesan
- 1 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shelled frozen peas , thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced frozen carrots , thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. chopped olives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 slices turkey bacon , cooked until crispy and crumbled
Preheat oven to 350°. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour. Remove and let cool until able to handle. Cut each in half and scoop out the insides to create "boats."
In a large bowl, mix the insides of the potatoes with the butter or olive oil, grated cheese and herbs, and stir until combined. Stir in all veggies, season to taste with salt and pepper and scoop mixture back into each potato half.
Pop back into oven and cook for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted. Top with salsa or crumbled turkey bacon if desired, or enjoy straight from oven, serving 2 potato boats per person.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 24, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.