This traditional Turkish breakfast dish—filled with tomatoes and red peppers—is hearty enough for dinner.
- 2 Tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 to 4 ripe tomatoes, diced (about 1 pound)
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces crumbled Feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Green olives, for garnish (optional)
- 4 whole grain pitas, for serving
Total time: 35 minutes
In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add peppers; continue cooking 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and red pepper flakes and sauté until some of the liquid from the tomato starts to evaporate.
Add the eggs and Feta (if using), and scramble, stirring constantly, until eggs are fully cooked and coat the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, adding more to taste. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Serve with green olives (if using) and whole grain pitas on the side.
Per serving: 346 calories, 21 grams fat, 18 grams protein, 23 grams carbohydrates.