Servings: Serves 6
- 6 whole wheat tortillas , 8 inches each or low-fat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups homemade or your favorite store-bought salsa and guacamole
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans , rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper , diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper , diced
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 2 scallions , chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro or Italian parsley , minced
- 6 cups roasted turkey breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 cups wild arugula or baby greens
- 2 Tbsp. Shallot Vinaigrette (You will have some left over. Use it foranother salad. It will keep for four days in the refrigerator.)
- 6 lime wedges
- 6 Tbsp. low-fat sour cream
- 1 jalapeño , sliced
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray the tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place in the oven on the rack for at least 20 to 30 minutes, until crisp (keep your eye on them so they don't burn). Remove and set aside.
Make the salsa and guacamole, cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
When ready to assemble, in a bowl, add the beans, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, celery, scallions, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper; mix well.
Divide the tortillas between 6 plates. Divide the bean salad on top of tortillas.
Mix 2 tablespoons of Shallot Vinaigrette
over the arugula or greens; mix well. Add on top of beans, dividing equally.
Sprinkle on 1/4 cup of roasted turkey. Serve with salsa and guacamole on the side and a dollop of sour cream, sliced jalapeño and a lime wedge