Adapted from Spices of Life
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 1/3 cup fish sauce , plus 3 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon zest
- 1 1/4 pounds turkey cutlets , trimmed of any fat or gristle
- 2 to 3 heads Boston lettuce , stems trimmed, leaves separated, rinsed and drained
- 3 carrots , finely grated, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger , peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
To make marinade: In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup fish sauce, wine, lemon zest, and garlic; add turkey cutlets and toss lightly to coat. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Slightly flatten the lettuce leaves with a chef's knife. Arrange leaves in overlapping rows on a platter and sprinkle shredded carrots on top.
In a blender or a food processor, puree peanut butter, coconut milk, remaining 3 Tablespoons fish sauce, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, and red pepper together; pour into a serving container and set sauce aside.
Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil and heat until near smoking. Grill turkey until cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer turkey to a cutting board, let cool slightly, and cut on the diagonal into thin slices. Arrange several slices of turkey on each lettuce leaf; sprinkle carrots and cilantro on top. To serve, spoon saté sauce over each portion.
Printed from Oprah.com on June 19, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.