Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 pound ground turkey , dark meat
- 1/2 pound ground turkey , white meat
- 1/2 cup onion , diced
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms , chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 can (6 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh or dried herbs to taste
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of beer
Combine all ingredients (reserving a few tablespoons of diced tomatoes) and knead them into a loaf. Place in the bread pan, and place the pan in the bread machine. Cover the top of the meatloaf with the remaining diced tomatoes (you can substitute ketchup).
Cook for 70 minutes or until done. Remove the pan from the bread machine and drain off any liquid. Be careful, as the liquid will be very hot. Let the meatloaf settle for several minutes, then remove it from the bread pan.
Recommended technique: Make sure that your bread machine has a "Manual" or "Cook only" cycle. Do not attempt this recipe in a bread machine that does not have one. As an alternative, you can make this recipe in a loaf pan in a 350 oven for about an hour.
Recommended technique: It's important to have a mixture of white and dark meat, as this provides moisture and texture. A meatloaf with all white meat will be dry.