- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large leek , minced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 8 pieces sun-dried tomato in olive oil, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 6 sage leaves , minced
- 1 Tbsp. Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. (or to taste) sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. (or to taste) freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Extra olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the leek and garlic with a big pinch of sea salt until softened. Add the sun-dried tomato, lemon zest and fresh sage and continue to cook for about a minute. In a large bowl, combine the turkey meat with the leek mixture and add the parsley, Worcester sauce, mustard, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and parsley and mix well.
At this stage, you can either shape the turkey mixture into a log on an oiled baking sheet or press into a large loaf pan. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil, drizzle with olive oil and continue to bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Ground chicken or beef can be used in place of the turkey. For a vegetarian version, you could use firm tofu.
- Spice it up by adding fresh minced chili. Alternatively, you could add 1 teaspoon hot sauce or Tabasco.
- Other veggie combinations such as red onion, celery and carrot can be used.
- You could season with tamari (soy sauce) instead of the sea salt.