Tuna Tataki with Sweet Soy
Created by Wolfgang Puck
January 01, 2006
Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 6
- 1 pound sushi grade tuna , 2" x 2" x 8" block
- 1 ounce raw black and white sesame seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons pickled ginger , chopped
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (if using powdered, mix with a little water to make a paste)
- 2 cups whipping cream
Season all sides of the tuna block with salt and pepper. Sprinkle all sides with sesame seeds. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, quickly sear the tuna on all sides, about a minute per side. Remove from the pan and refrigerate immediately. Cut into 6 pieces.
For Wasabi Whipped Cream
Combine the wasabi paste and whipping cream in a medium mixing bowl, and whisk thoroughly.
Paint some of the soy sauce on each serving plate. Set a block of the tuna onto the sauce. Garnish with chopped pickled ginger and wasabi whipped cream.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 11, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.