There's no cooking required to make these glistening cucumber cups topped with tuna tartare. Just slice, dice, and garnish with caviar and chives.
Servings: Makes about 40
- 2 seedless cucumbers (European), cut crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1 pound sushi-quality tuna , diced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 ounces caviar , for garnish
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives , for garnish
To make cucumber cups, scoop out center of each cucumber piece with a melon baller, making sure not to pierce bottom of cups.
Combine tuna, green onion, shallot, oil, soy sauce, and pepper sauce in a large bowl.
Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon tuna tartare into each cucumber cup; garnish with caviar and chives.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 24, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.