Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 6
- 18 small artichokes or 10 large artichoke bottoms, quartered
- 2 or 3 lemons , cut in half
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 tomatoes , peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 bell pepper , diced
- 1 clove garlic , peeled and minced
- Pinch of thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups homemade or store-bought chicken stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 truffle , about 1 ounce
Clean the artichokes, removing any bad leaves. Cut them in half, vertically, and rub them all over with the cut side of the lemons.
Over low heat, sauté the onion in olive oil until it is translucent. Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the stock and bring it to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the artichokes to the pan and cook them for approximately 20 minutes or until tender. Remove the artichokes and reduce sauce over high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
Place the artichokes in a bowl and pour sauce over them. Correct seasoning to taste. Refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, finish artichokes by shaving the truffle on top.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 9, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.