- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups tomato juice , warmed
- 1 roasted red bell pepper , peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Few dashes Tabasco sauce
- Mayonnaise and watercress sprigs, for garnish
In a food processor, puree the red pepper. Add the pureed pepper and remaining ingredients to the gelatin mixture and stir to combine. Strain the mixture and pour into 6 half-cup ramekins. Refrigerate for about 4 to 6 hours, or until set.
To serve, run a knife around the edge of each mold and partially submerge it in a shallow bowl of hot water just long enough to loosen aspic. Invert each mold onto a small serving plate. Garnish with a dab of mayonnaise and a sprig of watercress, if desired.