Servings: Makes 3 cups
- 1/3 cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds), stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 medium white onion , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño chili , stemmed, seeded, and chopped
In a medium bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, water, sugar, salt, and pepper until blended. Add remaining ingredients and toss until well combined. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours, before serving. Serve chilled.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 6, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.