Servings: Serves 4
- 1 large clove garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 scallions
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados , quartered and peeled
To make sauce: In the bowl of a food processor with knife blade attached, chop garlic, cilantro, and parsley. With the motor running, slowly pour in olive oil, then vinegar. Transfer to a bowl; season with salt and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
To make kebobs: In a pot of boiling water, blanch scallions for 30 seconds. Remove and immediately rinse with cold water until cool. Cut each scallion in half lengthwise. Set aside.
On each wooden skewer, spear 2 cherry tomatoes and 1 avocado quarter. Spear white end of the scallion, fold in half, then spear the green end to create a loop on the skewer. Serve drizzled with chimichurri sauce aside grilled steaks, chicken, or fish, or on a bed of lettuce.