- 8 Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced into small chunks (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped small
- 1/4 cup cilantro loosely packed, then finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeño, finely diced with the seeds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
DirectionsBring 8 cups of water to a boil. Lop off the top portions of the tomatoes and place them in the boiling water for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, lift the tomatoes from the boiling water and into a bowl. Immediately run them under cool water to peel the skins.
The skins should come off easily. If not, place back into the water for another 15 to 20 seconds.
Cut the skinned tomatoes in half lengthwise, and remove the core and seeds using a paring knife.
Discard the skins, cores, and seeds.
Dice the seeded tomatoes into small pieces.
Place the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, scallions, lime juice, salt, jalapeño, and olive oil in a glass bowl, and mix well. Cover in an airtight glass container and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours before serving. This salsa can be made the day before and will last 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.