- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) Ro-Tel or other diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3/4 cup grated low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped scallions (white and light green parts only), for serving
In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth and tomatoes to a boil over medium-high heat. Slowly whisk in the grits, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring,
until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the Cheddar and remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat, stirring until browned all over, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir half of the sausage into the grits.
Spoon the grits into bowls and top with the remaining half of the sausage and the scallions.
Fat: 9 g
Protein: 13 g
Carbs: 10 g
Fiber: 2 g
From From Mama's Table to Mine: Everybody's Favorite Comfort Foods at 350 Calories or Less (Ballantine) by Bobby Deen and Melissa Clark.
More Breakfast Recipes