Is it possible to live to be 100 with the vigor and vitality of a 20-something? Dr. Oz explores that question with longtime friend and alternative heath expert Dr. Andrew Weil. Drawing from Eastern medicine and alternative medical practices, Dr. Weil says you can stave-off sickness, improve your health and live longer.
Here are just a few of Dr. Weil's tips to combat a cold:
- Wash your hands frequently—it's still one of the best ways to fight off colds, especially during the cold and flu season.
- Eat plenty of garlic for its natural antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Add eucalyptus oil, which is naturally antibacterial, into a steam bath to soothe the respiratory passages and prevents secondary bacterial infections when you have a cold.
- Echinacea can be taken at the first sign of a cold to assist with symptoms.
- Ginger is excellent for motion sickness, nausea and has beneficial anti-inflammatory effects.
The information provided here is for entertainment and informational purposes. You should consult your own physician before starting any treatment, diet or exercise program. The opinions expressed by the hosts, guests and callers to Oprah Radio are strictly their own.