Servings: Serves 4
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion , cut into chunks
- 5 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 yellow or green bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 tomatoes , chopped
- 1 pound firm tofu , drained well and cut into bite-size pieces
- tamari to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh snipped chives to taste
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet and sauté the onion for 5 minutes, until softened.
Add the garlic, nutritional yeast and spices, stir and cook for 1 minute. Add the pepper and mushrooms, stir-frying until tender and crisp.
Add the tomatoes and slices of tofu. Gently stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with the tamari sauce and season with fresh pepper and chives.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 10, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.