Servings: Makes 4–6 servings
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 green, 2 red, and 2 yellow bell peppers seeded and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger peeled and finely grated
- 2 medium cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 bird chili seeded and minced (1 Tbsp. minced jalapeño may be substituted)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds (toasted sesame seeds may be substituted)
In a large sauté pan or a wok, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add green, red, and yellow bell peppers and stir frequently so as not to burn. Cook until soft and slightly brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and bird chili. Continue cooking for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, then remove from heat.
Add toasted sesame oil and toss well. If desired, season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in a serving bowl and top with sesame seeds.