These succulent delights are adapted from Niloufer Ichaporia King's My Bombay Kitchen
, out this month. You can make the burger mixture ahead of time; it keeps for up to two days wrapped in plastic and refrigerated.
Servings: Serves 4 (8 patties)
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 small red or yellow onion or 4 green onions , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (including stems)
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1 or 2 small green Thai chilies , seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Shape by 1/3 cupfuls into 2 1/2-inch round patties.
Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Fry patties until browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes, turning once (take care not to char outside of patties before insides are cooked).
Printed from Oprah.com on March 10, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.