Holiday Movie Viewing Party
Nothing rings in the season better than sitting by a cozy fire, sipping hot chocolate and enjoying your favorite holiday movie. So, why not make a party out of it? Here are our ideas for how to bring It's a Wonderful Life
Like these ideas? Get some more!
- Make your own invitations by jazzing up plain card stock with quotes from the movie. Try, "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings" or "Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, Emporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!"
- Set the scene! Make your house feel like a theater by ordering replica movie posters from the '40s online. No snow outside? Make your house feel like Bedford Falls by decorating your windows with paper snowflakes!
- As guests arrive, have the movie soundtrack playing in the background.
- Serve your guests traditional movie theater treats—like hot buttery popcorn and oversize movie candy.
- While George Bailey's drink of choice was bourbon, Clarence the angel preferred mulled wine (with extra cinnamon). Have both on hand in case your guests want to enjoy cocktails inspired by the film.
- At the end of the movie, give your guests a holiday movie quiz! Have a copy of the film on DVD as the top prize.
- Give each guest their own bell as a party gift—so they can help an angel get its wings!
Find theme ideas for White Christmas
, How the Grinch Stole Christmas
and Miracle on 34th Street