Instead of staying inside, gather a group of friends and head to the great outdoors!
- Go ice-skating. You can pack winter friendly snacks like hot chocolate or warm apple cider.
- Find a local farm and see if they offer sleigh rides. Don't forget to bring a blanket!
- Visit a tree farm and chop down your own tree!
- Grab your favorite holiday CD, load up the car with snacks and explore the holiday lights on the houses in your neighborhood. (There's something to be said for someone who can create an entire reindeer out of blue and white flashing lights).
- Have a snowman making contest. You can even hand out challenges, like making an Elvis snowman, a Big Bird snowman or the world's tallest snowman!