Servings: Serves 4
- 2 strip steaks (about 1 pound each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil , plus more for grilling
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) pilsner
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 medium, finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 seeded and finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Generously season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Place in a nonreactive baking dish just large enough to hold them; drizzle with olive oil. Turn steaks a few times, rubbing to coat with oil.
Combine beer, lime juice, onion, garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro in a nonreactive mixing bowl to form a marinade. Pour marinade over steaks. Cover and refrigerate, turning steaks occasionally, for 2 to 6 hours.
Set up a grill for direct heat and preheat to high. When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate. Remove steaks from baking dish; discard marinade. Pat them lightly with paper towels, and season with salt and pepper. Grill steaks until a meat thermometer registers 135° (for medium rare), 4 to 6 minutes per side. Rotate each steak a quarter turn after 2 minutes on each side to create a crosshatch of grill marks. Transfer steaks to a platter; let rest 5 minutes before serving.Get more great recipes for your next barbeque