Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 3/4 cup bugler wheat
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 medium tomato , cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 scallion , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces aged goat cheese , crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 whole wheat pita , cut into 6 wedges each and toasted
In a medium bowl, combine bugler, lime juice and 3/4 cup boiling hot water. Stir to mix. Let stand 30 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients (except the pita) and toss well. Serve with pita wedges.