- 2 1/2 cups sungold tomato , halved
- 1 cup cucumber , peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion , chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper , chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1.2 cups cold water
- 3 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 piment d'Espelette or 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
In a blender, process vegetables and garlic on high speed for 1 minute. Pass mixture through fine sieve; discard pulp.
Return liquid to blender, and add vinegar and piment d'Espelette in thirds, blending on low and tasting after each addition. Stop when flavors are balanced.
With blender running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and sherry vinegar. Serve slightly chilled.
Serve this soup with Cucumber-Cream Cheese Sandwiches.
Note: Piment d'Espelette is available at Williams-Sonoma, Williams-Sonoma.com.